Friday, April 29, 2011

Goin Truckin (Part 2 1st week of school complete)

The first of the three weeks of truck driving school are complete. We drove without a trailer all week and next week we are putting on the trailers. Which I am very excited for, I can't wait to start making those 500 plus horse power motors work a little. Am I a pro at shifting something with 13 speeds?? No. But I noticed the other day I started talking while down shifting and it was a sign I was getting comfortable.

I was on the go all week this week. Up at 5:00 a.m. to be in the barn by 5:30 to able to leave the farm at 7:00 to make it to Grand Rapids by 8:00. I still ran shavings two nights this week and keeping up a little with things at Pine Manor. I am riding with Dad and it has been fun to catch up on things during our commute to and back from Grand Rapids.

Right now I have the confidence I can learn and do this and look forward to seeing the rest of the country a top of a 80,000 pound 500 plus horse power chariot.

This weekend will be business as normal. Had dinner tonight with the barn crew, then went back to the Lamb's for a movie. Tomorrow we are moving 200 bales of  hay from Lamb barn over to Pine Manor. One of the guys in my class said to me the other day. Sounds like you are burning the candle at both ends. My reply was "I have been doing it for years." But actually I feel pretty good. I am learning something new that I enjoy learning about and look forward to the "next step"

1 comment:

  1. Love it! You are really on a "roll" now! I can tell that you are enjoying yourself, too, and that is so good to see!

    ReplyDelete