Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Terry

What happends when your heros grow old, when they no longer can put in the big days, or when you get the call that they are I.C.U. It flat scares the hell out of you. You never really want to wrap your hands around the fact they might need to slow down. You ignore it. Why? Because you are selfesh and still think you need them.


Terry has been like a father figure to me for the last eight years and at we have driven each other nuts at times. But Terry has always been honest with me and although I might not always agree with him, I respect what he has to say. We have spent a lot of time on the deck talking horses and life.
I have learned a lifetime from him.

So when I found out that he was ill and will be in the hostpitale for a couple of days it rattled me pretty good this morning. But I had a job to do this morning and I new that he would want me to take care of it. So I focused on getting the truck and trailer loaded and we took off for the Farmers Market in Holland for the Critter Barn. I spent the morning with kids and animales and new Terry would be proud. When you spend your days and nights taking care of animales, you get this false feeling that there is nothing you can't do. You feed them, take care of there shelter and medicate them. You have eagle eye and a good ear. You make a livelyhood out of reconizing danger.

So the only thing I can do is take care of what I can take care of. Pray for what I can't take care of. Make sure everyone has food, water and bedding and thank the good Lord for the days that lie ahead.


2 comments:

  1. I will remember to take care of what I can and pray for what I can't...I love that! We're praying for Terry, too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good writer!

    Love ya,
    Kayla

    ReplyDelete