Monday, July 4, 2011

Horses/200plus miles and a 7 year old

O.k. this is how my mind works. Hey that would be a great idea, no wait a minuite should I do that, k, we are not doing that, o.k. lets do that, yea, this is going to be fun.

That was how my trip to the reginol horse show in Indianoplis with my seven year old nephew went a few weeks ago. I wanted to see what a big time horse show was about and thought the road trip would be fun for J.J. my nephew. Totally not realizing until the last minuite that it was a four hour ride in a pickup to get there and seeing how we couldn't get out of town until noon it was going to be a long day.

What happend? We got to town at rush hour and with the help of the GPS drove straight threw town and made it there by four. The people at the show where so helpfull, they must have realized that I was kinda out of my norm with the seven year old. J.J. seem to have a pretty good time. He was asked what he wanted to eat around seven oclock and uncle Kody didn't realize it was his dinner and bought him ice cream. JJ just wanted to see horses and we saw  alot of them. I was able to sit back and see how into he was and the kid couldn't get enough and even told me he wanted to ride a horse in a horse show someday. I was also able to see some pretty good horses and help cement some roads I want to continue down.

What was next? We got home around 2:00 a.m. and by the next week we where doing hay. Hay time is tough and Tuesday Kris and I got our singles crossed and I jumped all over her about her lack of comunication. Then Wed we where back at it throwing hay at Kris's barn. This is a copy of the text I sent Kris around 9:30 that night.

O.k. I just finished up taking the spreader out and re watering the barn, my eyes are burning a little and the left side of  my upper body ached when I was on the tractor tonight. But last Friday my 7 year old nephew sat in a old pickup for four hours straight, just because he wanted to see horses. And I think about the gears I shifted through today, just to get the job done. And it all makes sense I may be a S.O.B... hard on myself and those around me. But I remember  the thoughts I had at seven years old. Well after days like today. I realize how good things really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment