Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fall has arrived

The leaves are changing and the days are getting shorter. Football season is fully underway and I was able to get up to the U.P. for a hunting trip a two weeks ago. A outer wheel bearing went out on the pickup last Wed. The good part about that is Neighbor Chris and I needed some garage time and on Friday night we replaced the outer and inner wheel bearings on both sides of the truck. It was great to catch up with Chris and that he was able to help me, because I had never done wheel bearings before.

The Doe's (female breeding goats) were bread the last couple of weeks, on Monday we put the Ewes(female breeding sheep) in with the rams. while seperating the ewes I had a ewe try to get by me. I squated down linebacker style and elevated myself. I ended up meeting the ewe at it's highest point as it tried jumping between me and the pin fence.. The ewe didn't knock me down but I did take a couple steps backwards. Then the next thought I had was "how bad is this going to hurt tomorrow morning." The good news is I was fine in the morning.
We have had a couple field trips at the Critter Barn the last couple of weeks. The pace during the field trips is very high, but the excitement is a lot of fun. We are getting two new boarders Monday at Pine Manor and we have some fall clean up we can do this weekend. Terry and I split wood last weekend and there is a pile of wood that needs to be stacked. Next weekend is the big youth horse show at Michigan State Universtity. The girls have been working very hard for the show along with Kris's guidence. It is great to have the extra energy in the barn lately.

As far as my health? I am doing very good. I got on meds last Thursday. The stuffed up nose is gone and the cough is about gone. I feel stronger every day and am starting to enjoy myself again. I get on these big runs without any time off and I go untill I am about out of air. Then I take a trip, recharge the batteries and come home ready to do it again. Being sick, made me rest and how did I hate it. Kris did a pretty good job of letting me set my own pace last week without forcing me to scale back. That was good because I think if she would have had someone come in for me over the weekend, it would  have only pissed me off and I would still gotten up and found something else to work on in the a.m.. Like I did the last time she tried giving me a rest. So I am ready to do this. Bring on old man winter, bring on snow blinding shavings run, bring on frozen beard while turning out horses. I think April or May would be a good time for a little va,ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment