Saturday, October 2, 2010

Just an update

Sorry Gang, no pictures. Haven't uploaded/had them scanned to my computer or had the camera with me while "out there." So with Jamey Johnson's latest release playing in the background I will try to paint a picture with words.

The last three weeks have been a blur. Lately the only night I have to myself  has been Wed and when it happends I tend to want to stay home and enjoy my surroundings. I still find myself looking for a tool or brush and thinking how much better life would be if I took "that" apart or cleaned "it" up.

Kris had the furterity show, which meant the truck and trailer need to be washed quick a minute. The girls have had Equestrain meets the last three Sat, throw in one "Farm on the go" for the Critter Barn on a thunderstormy Sat. The girls worked realy hard to get themselvs and  there horses ready. Two of the girls are on Holland High's team and this weekend they are at the Regional show with Kris, which meant the truck and trailer needed to be washed again "quick a minute" Terry and I went over to the show last weekend for a couple of hours. It was a lot of fun. They had a concession stand with coffee and great BBQ sandwiches. As weird as it may sound I hardley ever make it to a show, mainly because I am home keeping the home fires burning while they are gone.

I bought another truck. It feels sooooo good to be back in a pickup. My first car was a truck and you can take the good o'l boy out of the truck but you can't take the truck out of the good o'l boy. Nope this one doesn't sit up tall, have a thirsty V8 or loud exhaust or is four wheel drive. I have found out that those things cost me money in gas,speeding tickets, insurance, repairs and tires. I bought a truck very simalar to what my Natural Dad use to drive. 2 wheel drive, 6 cyl, stick with no options, just a plain jane pickup. It is older but I paid for it with a personal check

We put up the last of the hay at Pine Manor the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. I am starting to think about things that need to be done before snow flys. But before I think to hard I have a grouse hunting trip in the U.P.  at Mike's parents cabin this coming weekend. It is kinda funny how I spend my time away from the farms is in the middle of the woods with no elctricity, running water a wood buring stove and camp fire that stays lit the whole time we are up there. You bust your ass for months on end and go up there to poop in a out house.lol. But being up there playing cards and telling old stories in the all that clean air with my buddies is dam near heavin for me.

That about sums it up "Out Here"

3 comments:

  1. I hope you believe me when I say that yours is my favorite blog on the net.

    I feel like pointing out that throughout your life, whichever truck you've owned reflects who you are at that particular time. When you were a guzzling, speeding, and impractical attention-getter, that's what you drove. Now that you are a simple man who has lived a little and understands what lasts, you drive that kind of truck.

    Love you,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, Kody, what a week you have had! You deserve a relaxing hunting trip. Have fun and stay safe!

    P.S. Kayla's comment made me think about all your trucks and I think she might have a point:)! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sis and Mom. Yea I think Kayla is right. I started thinking about those trucks and everyone of those trucks was a direct reflection of me and where I was at. Do we smell a mini series of blogs about those trucks and other trucks that I have been around?

    ReplyDelete